Friday, May 11, 2012

Food fix - spinach, fetta and salmon pasta

So last night at about a quarter to seven hunger kicked in. After a busy day the last thing I thought about was "what's for dinner?" KFC anyone? Maybe not. All that minute on the lips eternity on the hips babble.

Not having been shopping in a while the pantry looked pretty empty and the only thing that came to mind was pasta. I started by boiling some fettucine and popped a few cloves of garlic in the water for extra flavor. Remember, at this point I still had no idea what I was actually making!

Rummaging around in the fridge I found a bag of baby spinach, some fetta and a few slices of smoked salmon... *light bulb moment*

As soon as the pasta was boiled I drained off most of the water. I added a small knob of butter, straight in with the baby spinach, crumbled fetta, some chopped spring onions, black pepper, chilli and a splash of olive oil. I mixed it until the spinach collapsed and at the last minute popped in the smoked salmon and dinner was served.

This one pot wonder took less than 20 minutes to prep, cook and get to the table! Eat your heart out Jamie Oliver. And best of all it was pretty healthy... so I had room to sneak some chockies ;)

Give it a go this weekend!

Ingredients,

250g packet pasta
water to boil, salt to taste, 2 cloves of garlic

100g fetta crumble
100g smoked salmon
120g bag of baby spinach,
3 spring onion shoots sliced
Tablespoon of butter
Splash of olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper
Chillis to taste




Enjoy!
R&M @ GoS
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment