We love this sticky chicken and watermelon salad from celebrity chef Jaime Oliver,
great for the upcoming holidays, dinner parties or to treat the family.
- To get started on your sticky chicken salad, first you'll need to submerge the noodles in a bowl of boiling hot water
- Season chicken to your taste with your choice of salt, pepper and spices
- Flatten chicken to about 1.5cm thick with a meat cleaver
- Add the oil of your choice to a large frying pan turning each side after 3 to 4 minutes of cooking, until the chicken develops a char and is fully cooked through
- Add 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil to your drained noodles
- ¼ of the noodles will be added to a hot pan and turned until crunchy
- Cut the skin of the watermelon and dice the melon into rough chunks
- Shred lettuce and cut your radishes into halves
- Finely chop some fresh mint and coriander to dress
- Reduce the coriander stems with the soy or fish sauce in a saucepan add chilli, ginger, chives, water and a tablespoon of sesame oil and a dash of lime juice and blend until smooth
- Dress chicken with sweet chilli sauce and sesame seeds
- Pour your dressing over the salad and toss gently and coat well, crush the pan fried noodles over the top and garnish with some mint or coriander leaves.
Serves four with 694 calories per serve!