Monday, January 14, 2013

Golden Globes 2013 Red Carpet Trends - Black Is Back

Black is back! As much as I adore color I have always associated glamour with black and the red carpet showed us just how well even minimalist black can work. Not to mention the fact EVERYONE looks great in black ;)

The other trend to keep an eye out for is the deep plunging neckline. I have to say I've not been a fan in the past because the look can quite easily cross the line into trashy territory but these ladies managed to balance sexy and elegant.

Katherine McPhee is the picture of modern elegance in a black Theyskens' Theory gown with a navel grazing plunge neckline and crossover skirt. I love her barely there shoes with ankle straps and boxy black and gold clutch. Modern and edgy.


Allison Williams looked beautiful in a black halterneck gown with plunge neckline. Her pretty coral earrings soften the look keeping it fresh and modern.


Kate Hudson is a showstopper in a fitted Alexander McQueen gown with yet another deep neckline. I love the gold "baroque" details although I wish she'd worn her hair up to show off that beautiful neckline.


Eva Longoria is her usual glamorous self in an Emilio Pucci gown with thigh high split and that deep plunge neckline. I do like this dress but it feels very familiar on Eva, especially with the bouffant up do. 


Enjoy
Ronelle @ GoS
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment