It's Valentines Day tomorrow, you may or may not have remembered a gift... "shock, horror"! It's not too late to salvage some precious moments with these quick and easy recipes.
These extra special choc dipped strawberries from Modern Skillet will give the appearance you've been slaving away to spoil your better half!
CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
- 1 cup pretzel rods
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 (4-ounce) bars semisweet chocolate, melted
- 8 long-stemmed strawberries
- Chop pretzels and nuts and place in 2 separate bowls
- Chop chocolate
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth and velvety
- Dip strawberries in chocolate and then in pretzels or nuts
- Place covered strawberries on a 1/2 sheet tray lined with waxed paper
- Allow to set at room temperature and serve
Don't forget something special to drink! Perfect for Valentines Day a champagne & chambord cocktail is quick and easy drink that will win anyone over. This recipe is from Kriste Michelini
- Edge the rim of a champagne flute with a lemon slice and dip the flute into a bowl of sugar.
- Carefully pour champagne into the flute and add a splash of Chambord.
- Add a single raspberry and you are done!
Hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day. Remember, it's the thought that counts so be thoughtful!
Ronelle @ GoS